Skip to main
01446 794199 Request a call back

Soft Tissue Injury

Soft-tissue injuries are everything from skin abrasions to damaged muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Basically, if you haven’t broken a bone then you’ve likely suffered a soft tissue injury.

Whatever the nature of your soft tissue injury, our specialist solicitors will make sure that you get the maximum possible compensation if you get knocked off.

“Only a soft tissue injury”

People can be dismissive about soft tissue injuries, but as anyone who’s had serious road rash after coming off their bike will know, that injury can be incredibly painful.

The reality is that some soft tissue injuries can be worse than broken bones. While breaks often seem worse at the time, they tend to heal well, while damaged ligaments and tendons affect joints so often have long-lasting effects.

Uncertain prognosis

Tendon and ligament injuries often have an uncertain prognosis and can lead to lifelong injuries. It can be tempting to want to settle your claim as soon as possible but its always a good idea to know whether there are going to be any long-term complications before you settle your claim because you will be entitled to far more compensation. If you need money from the claim before that we can usually get you an interim payment while still letting you explore the full value of your claim.

Who will pay for treatment?

As a general rule, people always get treated by the NHS when they’re first injured, particularly if an ambulance is required, but given how stretched resources are, getting access to the right outpatient follow up can often be difficult.

If someone other than yourself caused the accident then you are entitled to have any treatment on a private basis.

What can I claim for?

You can also claim compensation for pain, suffering, and loss of amenity. You can also claim for any losses reasonably related to the accident.

That means you can claim for things damaged in the accident like your bike and damaged kit but also any losses which flow from the accident, like loss of earnings, if you are off work as a result of the accident.

CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)

Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is a very painful condition where, after an accident, the body continues to give a pain response to response to stimulus that is no longer there.

It can be called reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) or causalgia depending on what triggered the CRPS. It can be triggered by a broken bone, soft tissue damage or a nerve injury, and can be an extremely serious condition.

Dealing with CRPS claims is a very specialised area of law. If you think you may have CRPS after a cycling accident then contact us straight away.

I can’t face getting back on my bike

Getting back on your bike after an accident can be daunting. Sometimes you need a bit of help and where that’s the case, psychological treatment is extremely effective at giving you the confidence to get riding again.

Where needed this can be done locally and if the other party was at fault, it can be done privately.

Talk to one of our Cycling Accident Claims Solicitors

For expert advice: